Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has extended the registration date for UPSC Engineering Services Examination (ESE) 2016. As per the official website, the last date to submit online application has been extended upto March 31, 2016 (in place of March 25) till 11:59 pm, after which the link will be disabled.
According to the notification, applications are invited from eligible candidates for Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications engineering posts for various government departments.
How to Apply?
The eligible candidates should visit the official website to apply online
- Registrants, who opt for "Pay by Cash" mode, should print the system generated pay-in slip during part-2 registration and have to pay the fee at the counter of SBI branch on the coming working day only.
- The "Pay by Cash" mode option will get disable on March 30 (11:59 pm) (one day before the extended last date for the submission of an online application)
- However, the applicants, who have before generated the pay-in-slip, which is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI branch during banking hours on the closing date that is, on March 31.
The Commission has included the posts of AEE Gr 'A' in corps of EME, Ministry of Defence in the scheme of the examination.
Departmental candidates of the same may apply for ESE, 2016 by availing age relaxation upto 5 years as admissible under rule 5 (b) of ESE, 2016 to the departmental candidates.
Number of vacant post:
- Total Posts: 602
Name of the Posts:
- Category I Civil Engineering
- Category II Mechanical Engineering
- Category III Electrical Engineering
- Category IV Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering