The admit cards for Combined Medical Services Examination, 2017 is released by The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on its official website.
A combined online examination for the recruitment will be held on August 13, 2017. Approximately 710 vacancies would be filled through the examination.
The results of the computer based examination are likely to be declared in the month of September/October 2017.
How to download the admit card?
- Candidates can download the admit card by clicking here. Read the instructions carefully before you proceed to print the admit card.
About the exam pattern:
- The Combined Medical Services Examination will be conducted according to the following plan:
- In the first stage, candidates will have to take a computer based examination for two papers carrying 250 marks each. They will get two hours to answer each paper.
- The first paper of computer based test will have 30 questions from general ability, 70 questions from general medicine and 20 questions from pediatrics.
- The second paper of computer based test will have 40 questions from surgery, 40 questions from gynecology and obstetrics and 40 questions from preventive and social medicine.
- Candidates who clear the computer based examination will be called for a personality test. The personality test will be of 100 marks.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers in the objective type question papers.
Details of vacancies:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways: 450 post
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services: 26 posts
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services: 216 posts
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council: 02 posts
- General Duty Medical Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation: 16 posts