The results of the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam II has been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Candidates can check the results on UPSC official website. Around 8563 candidates have passed the exam. The UPSC CDS II written exam was held on Sunday, October 23, 2016.
This exam is conducted for the recruitment of officers into the defence forces. After candidates attend the next round of interview they must submit their original certificates to UPSC. The deadline for the submission is May 13, 2017.
How to check the UPSC CDS Exam II Results
- Visit the UPSC official website upsc.gov.in
- Click the link 'Written exam result for Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2016 '
- Click again on the link. A PDF page will open
- The list of candidate numbers will be displayed at the bottom of the PDF. Check for your roll number
- Save the PDF to your computer and take a print-out of the same for further reference
The Service Selection Board (SSB) will interview the candidates who have cleared the exam and call them for an interview with the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence.
The admission is for the posts in the departments of
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun for 143rd Course commencing in July, 2017
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala, Course commencing in July, 2017
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course (202/16F/PC) commencing in July, 2017
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 106th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in October, 2017 and
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 20th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2017
As per the instruction put out by UPSC, all the candidates who have successfully qualified in the written exam are required to register themselves online on the Indian Army Recruiting website joinindianarmy.nic.in within two weeks of the announcement of written result.
The successful candidates would then be allotted selection centres and dates, of SSB interview which shall be communicated on the registered e-mail ID. Any candidate who has already registered earlier on the site will not be required to do so. In case of any query/Login problem, e-mail must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.