Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS October) exam dates are out.
According to the official notification the CDS exam will be conducted on October 23. The national level examination, conducted by UPSC will be held twice a year (February and October/November) for recruitment into Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers' Training Academy.
- Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in the written examination, interview/intelligence test/personality test, document verification and medical examination.
- Candidates who have qualified in the written test will have to appear for the interview and the group discussion. The interview will be held for a duration of five days.
For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy: Candidates should be holding a degree from a recognised university or its equivalent.
For Naval Academy: Candidates should have completed BE graduate from a recognised university/institution .
For Air Force Academy: Candidate should be a graduate from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics as one of the subjects at Class 12 level or should be an Engineering graduate.
Aspirants who are pursuing final year/semester degree are also eligible to apply.
- Examination Type: Objective (multiple choice question) format.
Questions are generally based on the subjects like General Knowledge, English and elementary Mathematics for written exam conducted for the Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.
- Duration of each section: 2 hours
- Total Marks: 300
- Last Date to Submit Application: August 12
- CDS Exam Date: October 23