The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the examination scheme for the combined computer based recruitment test. The test is conducted to select the candidates for the vacancies in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
There are 62 vacancies available for the recruitment in CBI under various departments like Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions. The 47 of the vacancies are for public prosecutors and 15 vacancies for assistant Public prosecutors. The test will be conducted on November 10, 2017, from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
The candidates are reminded that electronic gadgets like Mobile Phones, Blue-tooth Devices, and other IT gadgets are prohibited from the venue. The candidates will be informed about the venue of the exam in the due course, stated the official notification.
Timetable for UPSC CBI 2017 Exam
|Candidates to report at the center venue||8:00 AM|
|Authenticating the admit card and registering the candidates||8:00 AM onwards|
|Candidates to be allowed inside the lab||8:00 AM onwards|
|Candidates entry closes at main entrance||8:45 AM|
|Password announcement||9:20 AM|
|Candidates will open the secure browser and read instructions||9:00 AM to 9:30 AM|
|Test start time||9:30 AM|
|Test end time||11:30 AM|
|Candidates to move out in an orderly manner||11:30 AM to 11:45 AM|
The Exam Pattern for UPSC CBI 2017
- The exam will be a computer-based test, the duration of which will be 2 hours and will be for 300 marks.
- The candidates will be provided with 10 minutes prior to the examination to go through the instructions.
- All questions will be carrying same marks.
- There will be objective type questions and answers in multiple choice format.
- The test will b provided in the English language.
- Incorrect answers will have a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to the question.
- There is no negative marking if the question is not attempted.
Syllabus for UPSC CBI 2017 Exam
- The exam will consist of questions from the following areas:
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law including IPC & CrPC
- Indian Evidence Act
- Prevention of Corruption Act
- Delhi Special Police Establishment Act
- Information Technology Act (IT Act)
- Central Vigilance Commission Act (CVC Act)
Information regarding the Interview Round for UPSC CBI 2017 Exam
The candidates who are selected for the UPSC CBI exam will be informed to submit their certificates to support their claim for the vacancy. The documents will be verified and the candidates who fit the eligibility will be called for the interview round. The test and the interview will carry 75:25 weightage for the recruitment process.
The candidates must make sure of the venue which is mentioned in the admit card and will have to take up the exam at the mentioned venue only. The admit card is to be taken to the examination venue and must be shown at the security at the main gate.
The registrations will begin at 8 AM and the candidates will be allowed to enter the computer labs by 8 AM. Candidates will not be allowed after 8:45 AM and the registrations will close by 9:00 AM.
Candidate scan check mor einformation on the official website - www.upsc.gov.in