Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces) official notification has been released. As per the notification, the exam is scheduled to be conducted on June 26.
The examination will be conducted for the following posts: Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the forces comprising of the Border Security Force (BSF), the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
e-admission certificate will be issued to applicants three weeks before the commencement of the examination and, applicants can download the admit cards on the UPSC website. Admission certificate will not be sent by post to the applicants.
Paper 1: General Ability and Intelligence
- Question Type: Objective type question with multiple options to answer. The questions are set in two languages, Hindi as well as English
- Total marks: 250
Paper 2: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
- In this paper the candidates will be allowed to either opt for writing it in Hindi or English, however, the case is different in the sections like precise writing, comprehension components and other communications/ language skills, that is supposed to be written in English only. There will be negative marking for every wrong answer in objective type section
- Total marks: 200
- Candidates who are qualified in the written examination are eligible to appear for physical standards/ physical efficiency tests and medical standards tests
- Aspirants, who qualify the medical standards tests, will be asked to attend interview/personality test
- While the final selection will be based on merit list, which will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview/personality test
The UPSC CAPF 2016 Examination will be conducted in the following centres:
- Panaji (goa)
- Imphal Port Blair