Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has released the Unlock 5.0 guidelines for phased re-opening of schools and colleges. The Centre has given authority to States or Union Terrorities to decide on reopening of schools and coaching institutions. The re-opening of schools will be allowed after October 15, 2020, in a graded manner. However, attendance must not be enforced in schools. Explore MHA Unlock 5.0 guidelines pdf for schools and colleges.
Unlock 5.0 Guidelines For Schools And Colleges
- States/ UT governments are vested with the authority to decide on re-opening of schools and coaching institutions after October 15, 2020, in a graded manner.
- The government permitted online or distance learning. It has also asked students to prefer online learning.
- Students who are interested to attend schools physically rather than online classes are permitted to do so. However, students can attend schools or colleges only with the written consent of parents.
- Attendance must not be enforced in schools and colleges. It should depend entirely on parental consent.
- States and Union Terrorities (UTs) should prepare their own Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for reopening of schools/ educations institutes. The SOPs prepared by States/UTs should be based on the SOP issued by Department of Schools Education and Literacy (DoSEL), Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- Schools, which are allowed to reopen, have to follow all the guidelines (SOP) issued by Education Departments of States/UTs prepared.