The University of Madras has released a notification for the recruitment of Guest Lecturer posts. Interested candidates should apply before December 6, 2017.
According to the Madras University notification, The guest Lecturer post vacancy is initially for a period of one year for the University Constituent Arts and Science College at Nemmeli Village, Kancheepuram District, and Thiruvottriyur, Tiruvallur District. The Madras University has invited application for 60 posts in these two colleges.
The University Of Madras, Commerce, and Tamil have more vacancies. The notified posts are purely temporary and their services will be terminated at any point in time without prior notice, said a notification from Madras University.
Madras University vacancy details:
|Name of the post||No. of vacancies|
|English & Soft skills||10|
|Mathematics & Statistics||03|
|Physical Education Trainer||02|
Educational qualification for Madras University recruitment:
- Candidates applying for this post must have a good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in pay scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master's Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university and have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
Age limit for Madras University recruitment:
- According to the Madras University notification released, a relaxation of 5% shall be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks, at the Masters level for the SC/ST categories, and Differently-abled categories (Physically and Visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. degree holders who have passed their master's degree prior to 19 September 1991.
Pay scale :
- Candidates will get a monthly salary of Rs. 15,000 per month.
How to apply for Madras University recruitment?
- Candidates can download the application format from the official website of the University of Madras and that can be downloaded for submission to the principal.
Madras University important dates:
- Last date to submit the application: December 6, 2017
- The Candidates should submit the original documents for verification at the time of interview.
- Date of Interview will be intimated through email/phone.