The results of BA/ B.Sc/B.Com Part-I examinations for the year 2016 has been declared by the University of Calcutta. Candidates can view their results on the university's official website.
The results were declared on Thursday at 2:30 pm. Several candidates had appeared in the B.A., B.Sc, B.Com Part I examinations that were conducted last year.
How to check the results of University of Calcutta:
- Log on to official website, www.wbresults.nic.in
- Click on B.A/B.Sc. Part-I (Honours, General & Major) Examination, 2016 or B.Com. Part-I Examination, 2016 link on the home page
- A log in page will appear. Enter the required details such as roll number and password
- Click on submit
- Results will be displayed on the screen
- Save it to your computer and take a print out for further reference
About University of Calcutta
According to the University of Calcutta official website, The establishment of the University of Calcutta by the University Act of 1857 was the logical culmination of historical forces created by the emergent aspirations for acquisition of modern education, an offshoot of the process which started with the advent of Western culture in India in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Initially, the University was only an affiliating and examining body. All the teaching was done in the constituent colleges (the Presidency College, the Sanskrit College and the Bengal Engineering College appear among the sketches presented hereinafter).
In 1965, the Goenka Family of Calcutta bequeathed to the University, land and premises at 145 Muktaram Babu Street so as to enable it to open the Goenka Hospital Diagnostic Research Centre for the University College of Medicine. It now extends a wide-ranging medical care to the University community.