University Grants Commission (UGC), geared up to conduct national conference on 'Linking Human Resources to Business Strategies: Emerging Perspectives in Globalised World'. Interested candidates can register themselves by logging on to the official website of the UGC.
The twentieth century has seen nations around the world becoming part of the global village with trade barriers between them reduced or removed completely. Globalisation of trade and economy are taking deep roots in India ever since the Government of India opened up the economy in 1991. The globalisation has resulted in many new trends and challenges in the management of human resources in organisations specifically commercial ones. Some of them are: emergence of knowledge industries; use of information technology in HRM; changes in organisational structuring; rise in team work culture; changes in communication models; increased emphasis on quality of work life; increased workforce diversity; increased emphasis on total quality management; increase in labour mobility; increase in the mergers and acquisitions; increased requirement of business process re-engineering, right sizing the organisation, employee empowerment, and quality of work life.
Topics to be covered:
- Diversity, Ethics and Culture at Work Place.
- Social Media and Emerging Trends in HR Practices.
- Stress at Work and Work Life Balance.
Guidelines for papers:
- All the submissions must be made in word format.
- The manuscript should not exceed 3000 words (about 12 A 4 size papers typed in double space).
- The cover page should state only the title of the paper, name, official address, e-mail ID, phone/ fax numbers of the author, a brief resume of the author and acknowledgements if any.
- The first page of the manuscript (after the cover page) should also contain the title and the
- abstract only.
- Footnotes should be kept to the minimum and be numbered consecutively throughout the text.
- Last date of submission of full papers: 10th March, 2014
- Conference starts on: 25th March, 2014
- Conference ends on: 28th March, 2014
For more details, click here.