In a recent notification, the University Grant Commission has announced that all the candidates who have registered for the National Teachers Eligibility (NET) examination that is scheduled for the upcoming year, will be allowed to correct their biodata only until a certain period. The deadline is December 3, 2016.
The notification read that candidates who have paid the fee can log on to the official NET portal of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), cbsenet.nic.in, by accessing the login page, can make the requisite changes in their data or particulars.
It is advisable for the candidates to verify their details thoroughly on the website and then correct it if there are any corrections.
The candidates will not be allowed to make any changes or verify their forms under any circumstances after December 3, the official notification states.
"Since, it is one time facility, extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them; therefore, the candidates are informed to do the correction very carefully because no further chance of correction will be given to the candidates for whatsoever reason," the director of UGC NET has said in a statement.
How to make correction of particulars for UGC NET Exam
- Log on to cbsenet.nic.in
- At the bottom of the page, click on the "Login for Correction" button
- A new page will appear with instructions to make correction. Follow the steps as given
- Check the details thoroughly and take necessary action
- Take a print out of the corrected details after downloading it
Also Read: CBSE UGC NET 2016 Exam Results Released
Dates to note:
- Start of changes/verification process: November 28, 2016
- Last date to make changes/verify form: December 3, 2016
The fee payment can be made through online transaction via banks such asCanara Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank or Syndicate Bank within the dates mentioned.