The University of Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi is implementing 49 schemes for universities and colleges across the country during 12th plan period.
There are 13 schemes for universities, 05 schemes for colleges, 13 schemes for both universities and colleges, 17 schemes for individuals and 01 stand alone scheme.
Scheme for Universities:
- Academic Staff College
- Area Study Programme
- Centres for Study of Social Inclusion and Exclusion
- Centres of Excellence for Development of Sports
- Centres with Potential for Excellence in a Particular Areas
- Establishment of Chairs.
- Incentive for Resource Mobilisation for Universities
- Joint Appointment of Daculty
- Residential Coaching Programme
- Special Cells for SC/ST in Centrally Funded Universities
- Universities with Potential for Excellence
- Women Study Centres
Scheme of Colleges:
- Autonomous Colleges
- Colleges with Potential for Excellence
- Fculty Development Programme (for college teachers)
- Scheme for Seminars / Symposia / Conferences for Colleges
- Travel Grant (for colleges teachers)