The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). The examination is scheduled to be held on December 27.
Aspirants who meets the eligibility requirements can submit the application forms by November 1.
While filling the online application form candidates should follow the conditions mentioned below:
- Candidates have to make sure to fulfill the eligibility conditions for the test, prescribed under the heading 'CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY' and 'AGE LIMIT'
- Candidates require to fill their CATEGORY, viz., GENERAL/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ SC/ST/ PWD, in the prescribed column
- Candidates must fill their subject and city of examination, code in the mentioned column
- Person with Disability (PwD) candidates must fill up the relevant column in the online application form. Only PwD candidates are required to fill their column and the others have to leave it blank
- Printout of application form (confirmation page) should be kept the candidates for their own record
- Exam to be held in December will have 3 sections: Paper I, II and III.
This exam, which will be held twice a year, determines the eligibility of Indian nationals for the posts of assistant professors or junior research fellowship at Indian universities.
|No of Paper|
Time Duration for each Paper
|No of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper I||1 hour 15 minutes||60 questions, out of which the candidates are required to attempt 50 questions||100 marks|
|Paper II||1 hour 15 minutes||50 questions, all are compulsory||100 marks|
|Paper III||2 hours and 30 minutes||70 questions, all of which are compulsory||150 marks|