A 17-year-old boy from Udaipur has topped the JEE Main 2017 scoring a perfect 100% or 360 out of 360 marks in the examination for the very first time.
A student of the MDS Senior Secondary School in Udaipur, Kalpit did not miss a single class throughout the year. Kalpit Veerwal, the JEE topper studied only 7 hours a day and cleared the examination with full marks.
"I always had a feeling that I would get a high score but never expected to get All India Rank 1," Kalpit said. "Moreover, to my surprise, the chairperson of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), RK Chaturvedi personally called me and informed me about my results," the JEE Main topper added. Also, he topped in both the General and Scheduled Caste categories.
Know about kalpit measurement of academic interests:
- While speaking about his interest, Kalpit said, "I always had a keen interest in Science and always wanted to excel a career in an engineering field."
- "To achieve my goals in life, I started taking coaching since Class 8 from a renounced coaching center in the state," the topper said.
About the family background:
- Coming from a middle-class family, Kalpit's father Pushkar Lal Veerwal, a compounder at a Government Hospital in Udaipur, is really happy with his son's score and his mother Pushpa Veerval is a Hindi teacher at a Government School in the state. Kalpit has an elder brother named Hardik, who is currently pursuing MBBS from AIIMS.
- While speaking on the success of his younger brother, Hardik said, "I am proud of my brother and everybody at home is really happy with his score."
Kalpit on the successful path:
- While speaking about JEE Main exam strategy, Kalpit said, "I studied 6-7 hours a day and took a break for some extracurricular activities like cricket and badminton to refresh my mind."
- "My parents and teachers were my mentors and they have been a great support during the exam time," he said.
Kalpit motivational success mantra:
- "I would advise all the aspirants to do regular studies and should not take studies as burdens rather take it as a challenge."
JEE topper next plan of action:
- Kalpit would be preparing for the next level of examination i.e. JEE Advanced which is scheduled to be held on May 21, 2017, by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras.
Also read: OJEE Admit Cards Released: Download Now!