National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are Institutes of National Importance and are Centrally Funded Technical Institutes. The NIMCET is NIT MCA Common Entrance Test, a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programme. The admission to the MCA programme to NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the year 2014-15 is based on the rank obtained in NIMCET-2014 only.
NIMCET -2014: Test pattern:
- NIMCET-2014 test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects:
*Mathematics: 50 questions
*Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: 40 questions
*Computer Awareness: 10 questions
*General English: 20 questions
- Multiple choice questions will be written in English language only and will not be translated into any other language.
Award of marks:
- Each correctly answered question will carry 4 marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to deduction of 1 mark.
- The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions if they are not sure of the correct answer.
- No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if a question is unanswered.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be negatively marked.
- The candidates have to mark the responses in the OMR sheet using black or blue ink ball point pen only.
Qualifying criteria for allotment of rank:
- A candidate securing zero or negative marks either in Mathematics or Total Marksin NIMCET-2014 test will be disqualified.
- Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET-2014 test, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1½ , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate. In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e, in favour of the older candidate.
For further information and to apply, click here