The Tamilnadu NEET Merit List has been released by the Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu.
When will Tamilnadu medical counselling begin?
The counselling for the medical admissions based on National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for the special category will begin from Thursday 11 am.
What happened to the NEET exemption in Tamilnadu?
The Supreme Court had on August 17 put on hold the counselling for the medical seats in the state. The court, on Tuesday, directed the Tamil Nadu to release the merit list as the ordinance (on the exemption of NEET) sent by the state government has not been approved.
How to check the Tamilnadu NEET merit list 2017?
In order to check the Tamilnadu NEET merit list 2017, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the official website tnhealth.org
- On the homepage, click on NEET merit list link
- A pdf file will open
- Check for your name
- Save it to your computer and take a print out for future reference
Results on SMS
The Health secretary J Radhakrishnan said candidates who have been invited for counselling on Thursday will receive an SMS on their registered mobile.
Counselling for OC
The counselling session for general category will begin on Friday and for self-financing colleges will start after government quota counselling is completed.
The Directorate of Medical Education had received 50,558 applications from the aspirants.
- There are 3,534 including 102 surrendered seats in government medical colleges in Tamil Nadu
- In dentistry, there are 1,198 seats under government quota
- In self-financing colleges, there are 592 management seats in medical colleges and 715 seats in SFI dental colleges
The last date for the Tamilnadu medical counselling is September 4.