The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) on February 21, 2017 declared the results of the written examination held for direct recruitment to various Group-IV Services posts for the year 2015-2016.
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu which is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state's public service.
It is the successor of the Madras Service Commission, which came into being under an Act of the Madras Legislature in 1929 and was the first Provincial Public Service Commission in India.
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has announced the Group 4 Examination Results for November 6, 2017 examination on its official portal.
All the aspirants attempted the TNPSC Group 4 Examination can check and download the results, marks & ranks.
This year TNPSC has come up with a large number of vacancies that is 5451various posts. Many of the candidates interested in Tamil Nadu state government jobs have applied for TNPSC Jobs.
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date: November 6, 2016.
- Group 4 Results release date: February 21, 2017.
Duration of TNPSC exam?
- The examination was of three hours duration and 300 marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks for selection is 90.
Steps to check TNPSC results:
- Visit TNPSC official site.
- Enter 'register number' and click on submit.
- Marks obtained by the candidate and his/ her rank position will be displayed on the screen.
- For future reference, take a print out.
How is the selection done?
- Selection of the suitable candidates will be done through the written test followed by interview rounds.
- Candidates need to qualify in the TNPSC examination with essential cut off marks to clear the round.
- Candidates clearing the written test round will be forwarded to interview round and finally, candidates clearing the interview round too are eligible to join the jobs in Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Group 4 Cutoff Marks and Merit List 2016:
- A candidate must obtain at least 90 marks to qualify TNPSC group 4 exam irrespective of his/ her category/ quota.
- The selection procedure comprises of qualifying the written exam i.e on the basis of marks obtained in the Written Examination.
- For reservations and rules, candidates may check the notification.
- A provisional list is published online of qualified candidates in order of their merit and after the process of document verification, they will be allotted their ranks and posts.
- The TNPSC is also going to announce the cutoff marks while at the time of releasing the results.
- Candidates scoring the minimum cutoff marks will be sent for the interview round.
- The TNPSC Group 4 Cutoff Marks 2016 will be finalized by the authority based on various factors such as the level of difficulty of the examination, competition for the posts and also the available vacancies.