TN SSLC (Class 10) Board Exams 2020 Cancelled

The Government of Tamil Nadu cancels public exams for Class 10 (SSLC) which were about to commence on June 15. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced that the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) public exams for class 10 students stand fully cancelled and promoted to Class 11. He also said that the Class 11 board exams will not be conducted and students will be promoted to the next grade.

 

CM Palaniswami said that Class 10 students will be awarded based on their performance in the quarterly and half-yearly exams. A total of 80% of marks will be awarded based on the exams. The remaining 20% of marks will be based on their attendance.

TN Class 10 Hall Ticket 2020 Released

TN SSLC (Class 10) 2020 Cancelled

PTI tweeted, "Class 10 public examination and those that could not be conducted for certain class 11 subjects are cancelled and students promoted: TN Chief Minister K Palaniswami"

The Tamil Nadu Class 10 exams were first scheduled from March 27 to April 13. The board exams were postponed due to the nationwide lockdown. The Board has announced the new exam schedule for SSLC between June 1 and June 15. The government yet again postponed the board exams.

Many people approached the Madras High Court against the decision regarding the board exams. The Court then asked the TN government what was the hurry to conduct the Class 10 annual board exams. In response, the government said the Coronavirus situation to aggravate in the coming months and decided to conduct the exams as planned before the situation became even more difficult.

Top 10 Government Jobs After Class 12

For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

--Or--
Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X