Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2016 exam dates have been released. The entrance examination is conducted to offer admission to candidates who wish to pursue MBA, MCA, ME/M.Tech/M. Arch/M.Plan degree programmes.
Candidates should fulfill the following requirements to appear for TANCET 2016 examination:
MBA programme: Must have completed bachelor's degree with minimum 50 percent marks (45 percent for candidates belonging to reserved category), from a recognised university.
MCA programme: Should have a bachelor's degree with minimum 50 percent marks (45 percent for candidates belonging to reserved category), from a recognised university. Candidate should have studied mathematics at 10+2 level or during graduation
M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan programmes: Should have bachelor's degree with minimum 50 percent marks (45 percent for candidates belonging to reserved category), from a recognised university.
Apply online from May 2, 2016:
Aspirants should visit the official website to apply online. Applications are made available on the site from May 2, 2016.
Candidates belonging to general category need to pay Rs 500/- towards registration fee, while those belonging to SC/ST/SCA category have to pay Rs 250/-
Questions are derived from various sections to assess different skill of candidate such as:
- Evaluate the candidate's ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations
- Evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension
- Evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level including those learned in plus two or equivalent level
- Test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of mathematics and use of day-to-day facts
- Test the candidates' knowledge of written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, and punctuation
The question paper includes the following sections:
- Quantitative ability
- Analytical reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Computer awareness.
Few questions may also be designed on verbal activity, basic science, etc
- The question paper will have 3 sections. Part-1 and Part-2 are mandatory papers.
- While for the Part-3 candidates have to answer the section which has been opted by them during registration.
- If a candidate appears for a different section, Part-3 will not be evaluated. The questions will be set at undergraduate level
Exam Duration: 2 hours will be allotted for each paper
- Apply online from: May 2, 2016
- Last date to apply online: May 17, 2016
Date of Entrance Test:
- MCA: June 11, 2016
- MBA: June 11, 2016
- M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan: June 12, 2016