Sardar Vallabhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, has announced its 10th One Week Short Term Training Programme on "Advanced Engineering Optimisation through Intelligent Techniques".
The event is organised by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, (SVNIT).
About the Training Programme:
The 10th one week short term training programme on "Advanced Engineering Optimisation through Intelligent Techniques". The main objective of this training programme is to promote the application of optimisation methods in the engineering sciences. The training programme provides a forum in which the participants obtain information about recent advances of optimization sciences and learn about the needs of engineering sciences and successful applications of optimisation methods. It tries to close the gap between optimization theory and the practice of engineering.
The proposed training programme presents all traditional and advanced methods of optimisation of relevance to applications in engineering sciences. It also highlights successful applications of optimisation in various areas and contains sessions for the participants without a strong background in the field, which offer material aimed at educating potential users of optimisation methodologies.
- Engineering college and polytechnic teachers and research scholars.
- As the training programme is of interdisciplinary nature, engineering faculty members and research scholars of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Applied Mechanics, and Chemical engineering disciplines can attend the programme.
- Faculty members with Science and Mathematics background also can attend. Industry personnel can also attend this training programme.
- The candidates who had already attended this programme on previous occasions are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates selected for the programme MUST attend ALL the sessions without missing even a single session.
Topics to be Covered:
- Constrained and unconstrained deterministic linear and non-linear programming methods
- Multi-objective optimisation
- Genetic algorithm (GA), Simulated annealing (SA), Tabu search (TS), Particle swarm optimisation (PSO), Ant colony optimisation (ACO), Artificial immune algorithm (AIA), Artificial Bee Colony (ABC), Harmony Search (HS), Cuckoo search (CS),
- Hybrid methods of optimisation, etc.
- Teaching-learning-based optimisation (TLBO) algorithm (developed by the Coordinator and published in reputed international journals of Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis, IEEE Transactions, etc.)
- Neural network based optimisation
- Fuzzy concept in optimisation
- Graph theory and matrix approach
- Multi-attribute decision making methods such as AHP, TOPSIS, PROMETHEE, ELECTRE, DEA, SAW, WPM, MOORA, EVAMIX, ORESTE, etc.
- Various interdisciplinary real world case studies
- Guidelines on how to publish research papers in reputed international journals
- Faculty member/ research scholars: INR Rs. 5000/-
- For Industry people: INR Rs. 6000/-
The non-refundable registration fees should be sent in the form of a DD in favor of "Director, SVNIT" payable at Surat.
In case, if a candidate is not selected for the training programme, then the DD sent by him/her will be sent back to his/her address before the beginning of the training programme.
The programme will be conducted from 27th - 31st January, 2014.
Click here for more details