Study in US: Earn degree in US through American Honours network

Bangalore: Earning a degree from US college is no more a hercules task for Indian students.

The American Honours network, consists of both community colleges and universities now provide students with an opportunity to avail 2+ 2 programmes.

Earn degree in US through American Honours network


The programme aims at helping students to earn degree at low-cost ,and also enable them to get acquainted with the American education system before they take admissions in the American university.

Students interested to study in US, through the American Honours Network programme, have to enroll for a two-year degree programme from a community college.

After holding the degree, they can select any of the universities, wherein they can take admission from the the network itself.

Students who have completed high school are eligible to apply for the programme. An IELTS score of 6.0 is expected.

Speaking about the admission process one of the official of American Honours said "Initially, a student gets conditional admission to the university. After scoring the required grades in the community college, he can join a university of his choice from our network"

The American Honours Network programme offers additional training of three months for students to learn English and attain proficiency skills.

According to TOI "Pierce College, Washington; Navarro College, Texas, Mercer County Community College, New Jersey; Kackson College, Michigan are some of the community colleges listed in the network programme. "

While University of California, Berkeley, Purdue University, George Mason University, University of North Carolina, Occidental College, Stanford University and others are mentioned in the list of universities."

For more information about Top Universities in US click here

"Studying in a US varsity costs about $75,000 annually for four years. A community college, on the other hand, would cost about $20,000, including food and accommodation. Currently, students are given a work visa for only a year. However, after community college, students get a year's work visa, after which they can do their university degree, work for another year and then go for masters," the official added.

For Quick Alerts
Subscribe Now  
For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam

Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
Have you subscribed?

Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more