A notification regarding the conduct of Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier 1 examination, 2017 is issued by The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on its official website.
When was the CGL Tier-1 exam conducted?
- The CGL Tier 1 exam began on August 5, 2017.
Why is CGL Tier- 1 exam conducted?
- The SSC conducts CGL exams to fill up different categories of posts in various ministries, departments, and organisations in the government.
How to check the SSC CGL Tier-1 notification?
- Candidates can visit the official website.
About Tier 1 exam pattern:
- The Tier-1 exam is computer based and carries 100 questions of total 200 marks and candidates have to complete it in one hour.
- The paper is divided into four parts: A, B, C and D with 25 questions each. Part A has questions on general intelligence and reasoning, part B on general awareness, part C on quantitative aptitude and part D on English comprehension.
- There is negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
Preparation of merit list:
- The Tier 1 exam is held to select candidates for Tier-II exam. Marks of the Tier-I exam will be taken into account for final ranking for selecting candidates for the Computer Proficiency Tests/ Data Entry Skill Test and also for final selection.
- The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, candidates will need to qualify all the tiers separately.