Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research (SMIMER) invited applications from Indian nationals for filling up of 18 various posts. Candidates can go for walking interview on 24 August 2015.
Details of Posts
Name and Number of posts vcacnt in SMIMER
- Associate Professor: 04 Posts
- Assistant Professor: 10 Posts
- Sr. Resident: 04 Posts
- Associate Professor: As per Medical Council of India
- Assistant Professor: As per Medical Council of India
- Sr. Resident: The Candidate should have M.B.B.S. with three years experience as a Resident in a respective dept. of Recognized / Permitted Medical Institute. / M.D./M.S.. Degree.
- Associate Professor: Pay Band Rs.15600-39100/- 01 Grade pay Rs.7600/-+NPA
- Assistant Professor: Pay Band Rs.15600-39100/- General Medicine 03 Grade-pay Rs.6600/-+ NPA
- Sr. Resident: Pay Band Rs.15600-39100/- Grade pay Rs.5400/-+ NPA
How to Apply?
The Interested and eligible candidate fulfilling the above qualifications are invited to appear for walk in interview on 24 August 2015 5 at 1000 hrs at New Standing Committee Room, 3rd floor of New annexe building, Muglisara, Surat.
Last Date of Applying: 24 August 2015
The motto of establishment of this institute in the year 2000 was to provide tertiary level health care to its citizens and for quality medical education to the student's community.
Having achieved laurels for establishing superior standards in providing civic amenities to the denizens of Surat, the Corporation realized the need for the establishment of a medical college in the city, which could provide quality medical services and excellent medical education. Thus, the corporation started this prestigious project and this has culminated into SMIMER as we see today.
SMIMER was established in the year 2000 with an annual intake of 100 students, after obtaining permission from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. This institute was shifted to its modern building at Umarwada in the year 2001. SMIMER campus has been developed in the total area of 25 acres situated in the vicinity of Surat railway station, in a phase-wise manner as per the guidelines and regulations prescribed by the Medical Council of India.
Presently this institute has all the infrastructural facilities including buildings, equipments & instruments, staff and material required for patients to cater to the health needs of both indoor and outdoor patients and to provide educational facilities to an annual intake of 150 students. SMIMER is conducting both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The college campus is well connected to the national highway by link road as well as airport which is about 15 Km from the College.