This page talks about children who have done inspiring deeds and are examples for what a child can do for the development of the country. Here is a list of small wonders, who have put-in lots of efforts and displayed the act of bravery. These kids are truly inspiring.
Read through to know their wonderful contributions:
The Brilliant Innovator
Age - 15
- Invented 'Virtual Brailler', which is a low cost e-book reader for the blind.
- Dropped school mid way of 9th grade to pursue his dream of making things.
- He took home schooling for two years and passed class 10 exams at IGSE and NIOS at the same time.
- Angad was driven by the passion to develop and create innovative things, which unfortunately is not a part of our education system.
The Brave Heroine
Age - 14
- Won National Bravery Award Winner for 2011.
- On April 12, 2011, five men broke into her house and started beating her parents with a rod. Her father was also attacked with a weapon. Prasanta who was just 11 years at that time woke up on hearing the scream of her parents. Seeing her parents in pain and oozing out blood, she got disturbed, but this didn't make her loose her calmness. She went to the kitchen without being noticed and grabbed turmeric and red chilly powder bottles. Unknown to what are those she mixed them and just threw it over the five men, they were panicked and just fled away.
- This brave act of Prasanta was recognized and she was awarded with National award.
- She wishes to become IPS officer.
The Little Surgeon
- He was mere 7 years old when he performed a surgery on the hands of a victim who was burned. He was commended a lot.
- This also qualified him for a admission in a medical university of India at the age of 12, which made him the youngest person to ever get in university of India.
- He has an IQ of 146.
- He also appeared on the famous Oprah Winfrey show.
The Passionate Doctor
- At the age of 7, passed her class 10 exam.
- At the tender age of 13, she commenced her post graduation in micro-biology.
- Sushma, who is daughter of Tej Bahadur Sharma, a daily wage labourer has beaten all odds in pursuing her dream of becoming a doctor. At the age of 10 she took combined pre medical test, but was not allowed to do medical because she was too young.
- She is anxiously awaiting to enroll in MBBS course, which she can do once she is of age 17. Till then she would be pursuing her Ph.D.
The Magnificient Painter
- He started abstract paintings at the young age of 4.
- One day when he was helping his mom with a collage work, he picked up the brush and made an abstract work. This made his parents to get him paints and canvases.
- By the age 4 he had made 100 acrylic paintings, which was also exhibited in Mumbai.
- Age 10 - Youngest qualified scuba driver.
- Tamanna from Mumbai, became the youngest qualified scuba diver after completing the junior open water diver course.
- Certified and licensed by PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors, USA)
The Graceful Dancer
- Age 5 - Youngest to perform solo dance for longest duration
- The world record was set when Baby Shubhal performed for 2 hours and 56 Minutes in a programme organized at Basketball Stadium, Indore.
The Ingenious Inventor
Usman Hanif Patel
- Age 6 - He created wind operated ceiling fan.
- He is awarded National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement.