The State Bank Of India (SBI) on Monday issued a notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO). Interested candidates can apply latest by March 6, 2017.
Essential details about eligibility criteria for SBI PO exam-2017:
All the aspiring candidates will be provided with the essential details about the SBI PO examinations below. Candidates need to have a glance on the eligibility criteria decided by SBI who wish to apply PO exam in 2017. Online registration of application and payment of fees: February 7, 2017 to March 6, 2017.
Vacancy details: 2313 posts
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
- Online Registration: February 7, 2017, to March 6, 2017
- Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charge: February 7, 2017, to March 6, 2017
- Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination: April 15, 2017, onwards
- Online Preliminary Examination: April 29 & 30, 2017 and May 6 & 7, 2017
- Result of Online Preliminary exam: May 17, 2017
- Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam: may 22, 2017 onwards
- Conduct of Online Main Examination: June 4, 2017
- Declaration of Main Result: June 19, 2017
- Download Call Letter for Interview: June 26, 2017
- Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview: July 10, 2017
- Declaration of Final Result: August 5, 2017
- Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates: April 7, 2017, onwards
- Conduct of Pre-Exam Training: April 7, 2017, to April 22, 2017
- Graduation in any disciple from a recognised university or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the central government. Those who are in their final year/semester are eligible to apply for the exam and have to produce the required proof of having passed the examination.
- Candidates pursuing chartered accountant may also apply.
- Any eligibility candidate who aspires to join State Bank of India as a probationary officer is required to register online for the recruitment process.
- The examination will be held in two phases preliminary and main.
- Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for the main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Exercises & Interview.
Age limit as on April 1, 2017; not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2017 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1987 and not later than 01.04.1996 (both days inclusive).
a) For persons with disability:
Vacancies are reserved for Disabled (Physically Challenged) Persons under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996) as per government guidelines.
b) For OBC candidates:
Candidates belonging to OBC category, there is a relaxation of age for some category of students which can be checked from the recruitment notification.
How to apply:
- All the candidates need to apply online on the official website. For more information, candidates are advised to visit the official website sbi.co.in
Note: Candidates are advised to regularly keep in touch with the authorised SBI website www.sbi.co.in/careers for details and updates.