In view of the increase in Covid-19 cases, various states across the country have issued fresh Covid-related directives. The Rajasthan government has also directed all schools in urban areas to be closed as well as the implementation of curfews on Sunday.
The Rajasthan government has imposed new COVID regulations, including limitations on market functioning and occupancy caps at restaurants, movie theatres, and other public venues.
According to the latest instructions by the state home department, all schools will be shut till January 30, in the municipal corporation and municipality regions. However, the online classes will continue as before. Earlier, schools in the municipal corporation regions of Jaipur and Jodhpur were closed for classes 1 to 8 till January 17, 2022. Due to an increase in COVID cases around the state, officials have decided to implement a weekend night curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Meanwhile, Covid-19 has been detected in a number of staffs at the Rajasthan Chief Minister's residence. However, after coming in contact with the infection, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has also been placed under home isolation. To stop the transmission of the coronavirus, he urged people to follow COVID rules and limit their movement.
Rajasthan Covid-19 Guidelines
- All schools for students of up to class 12 have been closed till January 30, 2022, in municipal corporations and municipal areas. Students will be allowed to continue taking classes online.
- In the municipal corporation and municipality areas, wedding ceremonies will be limited to 50 individuals.
- Only 100 individuals will be permitted to attend events and demonstrations, while the restriction in the municipal corporation and municipality areas will remain at 50.
- The number of people that can attend a funeral is limited to a maximum of 20.
- Religious places will be open only from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Restaurants and nightclubs will be permitted to operate till 10 p.m. at 50 percent capacity.
- Cinemas, multiplexes, and theatres will be allowed to stay open at 50 percent capacity till 8 p.m.