Private medical college in AP will follow uniform fee structure

By Anusha

Uniform fee sturcture at AP medical colleges

Next academic year is expected to see a uniform fee structure in Andhra Pradesh's private medical colleges aim to follow a uniform fee structure. An annual fee of Rs 8-9 lakhs approximately was sought per student, by the managements of private medical colleges. It was also reported that the they have intimidated to organise their own examination and would decide a fee structure if their demands were not met.

After 4 years of gap, the fee regulatory committee has decided to revise the fee structure for MBBS this month, as per the reports. AP Private Medical and Dental Colleges Managements' Association officials stated that the private colleges own the seats and not the government colleges, as quoted by the reports. The balance amount has to be reimburse to the private colleges if the government wants to continue with the current quota system or restore to a uniform fee structure, they said.

About 3,300 MBBS seats belong to private colleges of which 40% are under the quota of management, the reports state. As per the structure, non-minority medical colleges provide 40% of their seats (Category A) for Rs 60,000 and 10% seats (Category B) for Rs 2.4 lakh. The remaining seats are 'sold' as management quota seats which officially cost Rs 5.5 lakh per seat.

Colleges are known to quote anywhere between Rs 50 lakh and Rs 1 crore, as mentioned in the reports. 60% seats are being filled (for Rs 60,000 each) on merit basis while the remaining 40% are treated as management quota seats in case of minority institutions. Managements of private colleges have stated that since EAMCET notification has arrived on Tuesday, the government should take a call before the election notification. Otherwise, they would decide on a uniform fee structure claiming that most of the states including Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Orissa follow uniform fee structure.

You can read more education related news here

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

    India's LARGEST EVER political poll. Have you participated yet?

    Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
    Have you subscribed?

    For great career opportunity, get instant updates on Education, Career & Job

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more