The Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) has announced that counseling for PG-NEET would be conducted between 10 April 2017 and 12 April 2017 to fill postgraduate medical and dental seats in eight deemed universities in the state.
This time around, permission has been granted to the deemed universities to have a discrete counseling to fill seats.
Important date to remember:
The last date for submission of applications online is 28 March 2017.
How to apply:
The applications should be filled online.
About PG-NEET Counseling:
- The counseling for PG medical and dental seats would be conducted by the NEET authorities, Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), COMEDK and CODEUNIK.
- Meanwhile, the Karnataka Professional Colleges' Foundation, comprising 14 medical and 24 dental unaided private professional colleges, has mandated COMEDK to conduct a single window counseling for these institutions to fill up over 400 medical and about 250 dental PG seats, based on the results NEET 2017.
- The National Board of Examination which has conducted the NEET for Postgraduate Medical and Dental Courses has announced the results on January 13.
- It may be recalled that students sought that counseling for PG medical and dental seats be conducted on a common platform to avoid confusion.
- They also sought that the dates do not coincide with each other and staged a protest in this regard last week.
- Dr. S Kumar, executive secretary, COMEDK, told DH said the counseling for seats in private colleges and deemed universities would be conducted at NMKRV College for women in Jayanagar.
- "Soon after the KEA conducts its counseling, COMEDK counseling will be done. Subsequently, with a day's gap, CODEUNIK would conduct counseling," Kumar.