National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela has launched a Summer Internship Programme 2014 with an objective to encourage ambitious B.Tech., B.Sc. and M.Sc. students of different institutes in India other than NIT, Rourkela to pursue an innovative research and development project under the guidance of NIT faculties.
For those who register at NIT, Rourkela, there will be no institute registration fees
There are a total of 50 fellowships provided by the institute.
The fellowship will cover the following:
- A gross fellowship of Rs.3500/-, for a period of two months to meet travel and other expenses. The fellowship will be provided to those who stay in NITR hostels.
- Free accommodation will be provided in the NIT Halls of Residences.
- Laboratory and computing facilities will be given.
The fellowship work will be done in a period of two months between 12th of May to 16th of July, 2014. The time can be extended, but not the hostel accommodation.
- Any B.Tech., B.Arch., B.Sc or M.Sc. student with a good academic record who has completed 2 or 3 years of study towards engineering or science degree.
- Students who have an MA in Development Studies (1st year), MBA (1st year) may apply for this fellowship.
How to apply?
- Students must send the duly filled online application form before 26th March, 2014.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated through e-mail for submitting the hard copies of application form and relevant documents.
- The documents must be sent to:
Prof. .D. Subudhi
Chairman Summer Internship
Department of Electrical Engineering
National Institute of Technology
The fellowship is available in the following departments:
- BM: Biotechnology & Medical Engineering
- CE: Civil Engineering
- CH: Chemical Engineering
- CR: Ceramic Engineering
- CS: Computer Science & Engineering
- CY: Chemistry
- EC: Electronics & Communication Engineering
- EE: Electrical Engineering
- FT: Food Processing Engineering
- HS: Humanities & Social Sciences
- ID: Industrial Design
- LS: Life Science
- MA: Mathematics
- ME: Mechanical Engineering
- MM: Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- MN: Mining Engineering
- PA: Planning & Architecture
- PH: Physics
- SM: School of Management
List of selected candidates and their supervisors will be announced on the website by 21st April, 2014.
Click here for further details and to apply