The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Puducherry has invited applications for admissions in Ph.D programme in various disciplines. The application can be sent for both full time and part time Ph.D. The last date to apply is September 15.
A monthly stipend of Rs.28,000 will be provided for the research scholars in enginerring discipline and Rs.25,000 for those in science discipline.
The departments offering Ph.D programme are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates applying for Ph.D in engineering discipline must possess a first class undergraduate degree in engineering/technology and a masters degree in engineering/technology or a masters by research degree (MS) in relevant discipline with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA. For SC/ST/PH categories, the marks criteria is relaxed to 55% or 6.0 CGPA
- Candidates interested in applying for Ph.D in science and humanities discipline must possess a masters degree in the relevant discipline with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA. For SC/ST/PH categories, the marks criteria is relaxed to 55% or 6.0 CGPA
How to apply:
- Download the application form from the official website
- Fill up the application form
- Make a demand draft of Rs.1000 (Rs.500 for SC/ST/PH candidates) in favor of "The Director, National Institute of Technology, Puducherry" payable at Karaikal
- Enclose the filled up form, demand draft and self-attested copies of required documents and send it to "The Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Puducherry, Thiruvettakuddy, Karaikal - 609609"
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their GATE/NET/JRF/SRF scores.
They need to give a written test or an interview or both after being shortlisted.
Students opting for part time Ph.D also need to give the common written test.
To read the full notice and apply, go to the official link.