The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has announced recruitment notification and invited applications for the position of Stenographer and Training Officers in Humanities and Social Sciences. The recruitment will be of direct recruitment basis.
Candidates are requested to check for the official notification and read through the information provided in it. The candidates are requested to make sure that they are eligible to apply for the post before they send in the application.
About National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November,1989 as an autonomous organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. NIOS is providing a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and community oriented courses besides General and Academic Courses at Secondary and Senior Secondary level.
Important Dates for NIOS Recruitment 2017
The application form along with other important documents much reach by October 20, 2017.
In case of candidates from North Eastern States/Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti
Districts of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep, the last date is October 27, 2017.
Vacancies for NIOS Recruitment 2017
There is one vacancy for the post of Stenographer.
There is one vacancy for the post of Training Officer.
Pay Scale for the NIOS Recruitment 2017
The pay scale as per the notification for the post of Stenographer is Rs. 25500-81100
The pay scale for the post of Training Officer post is Rs. 56100-177500
Eligibility for NIOS Recruitment 2017
For the post of Stenographer
- The candidates need to pass Senior Secondary from a recognized Board
- The candidates require a Certificate/Diploma in Secretarial Practice from a recognized institution.
- The candidates are required to have speed in shorthand in English/Hindi @ 80 w.p.m. with computer speed of 8000 key depression per hour.
For the Training Officer post
The candidates require Master's Degree with 55% or its equivalent grade from a recognized university in
The candidate needs to check the official notification for more information related to educational qualifications.
- The candidates who are applying for Stenographer post are required to be maximum of 27 years of age on closing date.
- The candidates who are applying for Training Officer post must be maximum of 40 years of age.
- The candidates are requested to check for the official notification for rules related to age relaxation as well.
How to Apply for NIOS Recruitment 2017?
- The candidates will have to visit the official website - www.nios.ac.in
- Go to the tab that reads 'Vacancy'
- Find the link that reads 'Detail and Application Format for the post of Training Officer (Humanaties/Social Sc.)' for the Training Officer post
- Find the link that reads 'Detail and Application Format for the post of Stenographer ' for Stenographer post
- Read through the notification and make sure you are eligible
- Download the Application form
- Fill in the details in the space provided
- Attach the important documents, passport size photograph etc.
- Send the application to the address given in the notification.