Ninasam is a cultural organization located in the village of Heggodu in Sagar Taluk of the Shivamogga district in the state of Karnataka, India. Ninasam (also spelled as Neenasam) is the short form of Sri NIlakanteshwara Natyaseva SAMgha, an organization dedicated to the dissemination of Theatre and Culture.
Renowned dramatist and Magsaysay award winner, K V Subbanna was one of the founder members of Ninasam. Registered as a charitable society, Ninasam has around one hundred members and is run by an executive committee.
Through the last five decades of socio-cultural work, Ninasam has now branched out into several organizations like the Ninasam Theatre Institute, Ninasam Tirugata, Ninasam Foundation and others.
Through all these branches the scope of Ninasam's work has spread out into the whole of Karnataka with workshops, seminars, lectures, performances etc. The total contribution of Ninasam has also been recognized nationally and internationally.
Here, is the latest announcement on the application of Ninasam Summer Course 2017:
Ninasam Summer Theatre Workshop: Ninasam Theatre Institute has been conducting this Summer theatre workshop for the last 4 years and this year too.
When is the workshop held?
The workshop is being held from 11th to 31st of May 2017 (both days included). As in the earlier workshops, the workshop sessions are conducted mainly by the teachers from the Ninasam Theatre Institute.
More about the workshop:
A basic introduction to the various aspects of theatre, and some practical classes on sound, movement, and design are conducted as part of the workshop. The workshop will also include a short theatre production by the participants, created during the sessions, the presentation of which will take place on the last day.
Who can attend this workshop?
Youngsters who hope to begin their career in theatre, and practitioners from theatre and cultural groups who have some basic experience and propose to update their skills.
If you wish to apply, please read the following instructions carefully:
- One can either fill in and submit the application online, or can also download the application form, fill it in and send it by post to Ninasam's address.
- Candidates must be within 18-35 age, and preferably should have completed SSLC.
- An intense interest and application in theatre practice is the basic minimum qualification, and the participants must have physical fitness to undergo rigorous workshops.
- There will be no interview and the selections are made on the basis of the application.
- All the participants selected for the workshop are intimated by email or post before 30 April 2017.
- There is no entrance fee for the workshop, but an amount of Rs. 6000 to partially cover the food and lodge expenses for 21 days, is to be paid by all the participants, during their enrollment on the first day of the workshop at Heggodu.
- All selected candidates must attend the full course.
- As this workshop is conducted in Kannada a fluent working knowledge in Kannada is essential.
Important date to remember:
- The last date for applying is 10 April 2017.