The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur has released the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET-2017), examination dates on its official website.
NIMCET is conducted for taking admission to Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program offered in NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the academic session 2017-18.
When are the exams held?
The examination will be held on Sunday, May 28, 2017.
- All the candidates interested in applying need to possess a degree Bachelor of Science (BSc)/ Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)/ BIT from a recognized university/institute with at least 60 per cent in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- The duration of NIMCET-2017 examination will be two hours.
- All rough work is to be done in the test booklet only.
- The test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects.
- Multiple choice questions will be written in English language only.
All the candidates need to pay Rs 2000 for each application form.
How to apply:
Candidates need to apply online and all the candidates can check the official website.
Important dates to remember:
- Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form: Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Availability of admit card on the website for download: Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
- Date of NIMCET: Sunday, May 28, 2017.