New Horizon hosted a state level intercollegiate Fest - "SARGAM2017". It is a cultural extravaganza, providing a platform for young and creative minds, to bring out their hidden talents in the true spirit of healthy competition.
Dignitaries on Stage:
- Dr. Edwin Christopher - Principal, New Horizon College, Kasturinagar
- Dr. Bodhisatvan, Principal, New Horizon College, Kasturi Nagar
- Dr. Mohan Manghnani, Chairman, New Horizon Educational Institution
- Dr. P.G. Diwakar, Scientific Secretary from ISRO
- Dr. Manjunatha, Principal, New Horizon College of Engineering
- Ms. SargamManghnani, Chief co-ordinator, SARGAM
The Sargam-17 was inaugurated by Dr. P.G. Diwakar, Scientific Secretary from ISRO on the 22nd of September 2017 at 10.30 am. In his address to the audience, he shared few of their contributions to society like:
- Tracing the source of the lost River Saraswathi and thus serving the water needs of the people of Rajasthan.
- Working towards developing 70% of India's rural areas, by means of helping the ministry of agriculture to equip the farmers with knowledge of the right time to sow and harvest.
- They also help the country in planning to meet the basic needs of the people well in advance and then export the surplus stock.
- Supporting fishermen to identify the exact areas and places to fish through the space survey thus reducing their time and energy spent and improving economic standard of living.
- Providing recommendations to improve the infrastructure in the urban areas thus improving the quality and standard of living.
Dr. Mohan Manghnani, Chairman of New Horizon Educational Institutions has signed an MOU with Schneider Electric and the French Ministry of Education for the exchange program of faculty and students. He extended an open invitation to all the students and faculty members to avail of this golden opportunity.