NEET UG PG Counselling 2021 News: In a significant development the Supreme Court has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the NEET Counselling 2021 for 15% UG and 50% PG seats for All India Quota with the Medical Counselling Committee of DGHS, MoHFW. The approval for conducting the NEET counselling is also issued by the Gazette Notifications issued by the NMC.
The MCC will be conducting 4 Rounds of NEET Counseling for AIQ UP PG seats 2021 - AIQ Round 1, AIQ Round 2, AIQ Mop-Up Round and AIQ Stray Vacancy Round, according to the DGHS notice.
"This is for information to all the participating States/UTs, participating Universities/Institutes/Colleges and the participating candidates of NEET-UG/PG that, MCC will be conducting online 04 rounds of All India Quota Counselling (AIQ Round 1, AIQ Round 2, AIQ Mop-Up Round and AIQ Stray Vacancy Round) from the academic year 2021-22 onwards," the DGHS notice said.
No AIQ seats will be reverted back to the respective States after the completion of AIQ Round 2, it further states.
The Supreme Court in its final order on MCC DGHS affidavit said, "The competent authority has decided to conduct 4 rounds of All India Quota counselling from the current academic year 2021-2022 for NEET - Under Graduate and Post Graduate as per the modified policy approved by this Court and Government Orders issued from time to time."
NEET UG PG Counselling Process Modified
The MCC has made multiple changes to the existing NEET UG PG Counselling process approved by the apex court as given below:
- NEET counselling to involve 4 rounds of online counselling i.e. AIQ Round I, AIQ Round 2, AIQ Mop-up Round and AIQ Stray Vacancy Round.
- Seats that were earlier reverted back to the concerned States after the completion of AIQ Round 2 will continue to be filled in the AIQ Mop-Up and Stray Vacancy Rounds
- Fresh registration will be permitted only for the first three rounds - AIQ Round 1, AIQ Round 2 and AIQ Mop-Up Round
- Upgradation and free exit option will be applicable only up to Round 1 of the AIQ NEET counselling and not for any other rounds of AIQ NEET counselling.
- Candidates who have joined the allotted seat in Round 2 and further rounds of NEET counselling will not be allowed to resign, and also be ineligible to take part in further rounds of any type of counselling.
- However, Candidates who have not joined the allotted seat in Round 2 will be eligible for further rounds of counselling subject to forfeiture of a security deposit and fresh registration only up to the mop-up round.
The modified NEET counselling scheme shall be implemented for the current year 2021-2022 for admissions to NEET UG and PG courses.