The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will be conducting the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) PG 2018 on January 8, 2018.
The examination is organized to provide admissions to candidates who are looking for MD/MS and Post Graduate Diploma Courses. The exam is a qualifying as well as ranking examination which is conducted annually.
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) was established in the year 1975 by the Indian Government. The focus is on increasing the quality of the Education in the field of Medical Sciences by establishing high standards. The Board also looks forward to creating uniformity in various aspects when it comes to post-graduate exams.
Important dates for NEET PG 2018
- The online applications began on October 31, 2017.
- the last date to apply is November 27, 2017.
- the NEET PG 2018 Examination will be conducted on January 7, 2018.
- The tentative date for the release of NEET PG 2018 results is January 31, 2018.
Examination Pattern for NEET PG 2018 Test
- The examination will be conducted on a single day in one session.
- The Duration of the exam is notified as 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The questions will be multiple choice based and the exam will be the computer based test.
- There will be a total of 300 MCQ items and single response questions in the English language.
- The syllabus for the exam will constitute of the subject areas which have been prescribed as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) with the approval from the Indian Government.
- Negative marking of 25 percent would be present for incorrect responses.
- There will be no deduction of marks for questions that are not attempted.
Test Centres for NEET PG 2018
- The examination will be conducted in the NBE centers.
- The candidates will be given the option to choose the city where they will be taking the test through online registration.
- Candidates will be communicated about the Testing Centre 4 days prior to the exam date which is January 7, 2018.
- It will be a first come first serve basis for the choice of the city.
- The previous year, NEET PG was organized from December 5 to December 13. The NEET MDS was conducted from November 30 to November 3.
Also Read: Homeopathy: Scope and Career Opportunities