The CBSE has announced the much awaited NEET 2016 results today on the official website of NEET/AIPMT. Bringing a wave of relief to all NEET aspirants, the CBSE has announced the results of NEET phase 1 and phase 2 today.
The results were expected to be released tomorrow, however, the board has declared the results today on its official website.
Surrounded with controversies from the day of its inception in 2012, the NEET issue has been in news and has been subject of political debate. In 2013, the Supreme Court said the MCI and the Dental Council of India lacked legal authority to control admissions to MBBS, BDS and post-graduate courses.
But NEET again made to the headlines, when the judgment was recalled just 3 days before AIPMT examination. NEET was named a mandatory test for all medical and dental examinations.
How to check NEET 2016 results?
- Candidates have to log on to the official website.
- Click on the live link 'NEET Results'
- Candidates will be redirected to new page, where you will have to enter your roll number and date of birth in the space provided
- On successful submission of the above details your results will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates are required to take a print-out of the results for future reference.
NEET 1 was held on May 1, 2016 and NEET 2 was held on July 24, 2016 for those who could not appear for NEET 1 due to the uncertainty of the examination. Read the complete NEET 2016 saga here.
In NEET 1, six lakh candidates appeared while in NEET 2, four lakh aspirants gave examination.
The answer keys for the both the examinations was released by CBSE on August 7, 2016.
There were also reports of paper leak of the NEET 2 examination and a petition was filed in the Supreme Court demanding re-test. However, the Court refused to interfere in the plea. [Read complete story here]