Nearly 2 lakh candidates appeared for the CA Common Proficiency Test (CPT) December exam 2016 which was held on December 18, 2016 by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
The examination this year was held across 171 cities in the country.
The CA CPT exam is one of the most toughest examination to crack. Most of the aspirants give more than one attempt for a single level test as the length of the paper combine with the difficulty level makes it difficult to pass the exam.
The results for CA CPT December 2016 exam will be announced in January 2016.
About CPT Exam:
- CPT exam is a gateway for the Chartered Accountancy profession.
- Candidates who have registered to Course with the Board of Studies of the Institute can appear for the examination.
- Candidates who are appearing or have passed the Class 12 or equivalent examination are eligible for this exam.
- The question paper is of objective type
- The total marks is 200, to pass the examination candidates are expected to attempt a minimum of 170 questions and graduate to the next level
- Some question among the 200 can be lengthy and time consuming.
- The questionnaire also contains some case-study based questions.
- The questions are based on 4 subjects, namely, accountancy, mercantile law, general economics and quantitative aptitude.
For further information, visit icaiexam.icai.org