The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has issued a roadmap for the National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for the academic year 2020-21. The HRD Ministry has designed the NCERT academic year 2020-21 in view the decision to set up the Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission under Atma Nirbhar Bharat, with focus on Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan and an approach that emphasises learning outcomes. MHRD has rolled out the 'Learning Outcomes' for NCERT with set deadlines. Here are the five Learning Outcomes for Grades 1-10 prepared by NCERT for the academic year 2020-21.
NCERT Learning Outcomes
1. Infographics/posters/presentations for each subject and for each grade for Classes 1 to 5 to be completed by October 2020. It should be completed for Classes 6 to 12 by March 2021.
2. Online Teacher training courses for teachers to be completed for Classes 1 to 5 in phases by December 2020. It should be completed for Classes 6 to 12 in phases by June 2021.
3. It should draft supplementary/alternative academic learning material for candidates in COVID-19 times, especially those without any form of online access. The Classes 1 to 5 in phases by December 2020 and Classes 6 to 12 in phases by June 2021.
4. At least 10 questions each to measure each Learning Outcome of each subject for each grade in at least two levels of proficiency. The Classes 1 to 5 to be completed by November 2020. The rest of the Classes by March 2021.
5. NCERT to demystify hard spots on the basis of NAS 2017. It will prepare the curriculum or content to address the hard spots for Classes 1 to 5 by December 2020. The rest of the Classes by March 2021.
National Curriculum Framework (NCF)
The NCERT will make changes in the textbooks in accordance with the new National Curriculum Framework (NCF). The subject experts should submit their interim report by December 2020. The NCERT will prepare the new textbooks based on the new NCF which is expected to be ready by March 2021.
NCERT will also prepare the content for Class 1 to 12 for SWAYAM PRABHA channels (1 class 1 channel) and start the channels by August this year under AtmaNirbhar Bharat for PM E-Vidya.