The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) for class 10 students has been announced in Telangana state. The contest will be conducted on November 5, 2017.
Students who are studying in class 10 in the current academic year in any recognized school in the state including Kendriya Vidyalaya and schools affiliated to CBSE and ICSE are eligible to apply.
Students who have received NMMS scholarships can also apply but such candidates will have to forego further NMMS scholarship if they are selected for NTS scholarship.
The application process for the exam will be conducted online.
How to apply for National Talent Search Examination?
Students willing to apply for the NTSE scholarship can apply through the Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Telangana official website: www.bse.telangana.gov.in.
Students would also need to submit the printed copy of the registered application forms, along with original challan, and two copies of print report (i.e. nominal roll) to the Office of the concerned District Educational Officer.
The examination fee is Rs. 100 and should be paid only at SBI or BSH branch were Challan (treasury) facility is available.
The hall tickets will be available on BSE, Telangana website a week before the exam.
- The exam will have a Mental Ability Test consisting of 50 questions, Language Comprehensive Test consisting of 50 questions, and Scholastic Aptitude Test consisting of 100 questions.
- Each question will carry one mark. Language Comprehension Test will have questions in either in Telugu or Urdu or English.
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test will have 40 questions from Social Science, 40 questions from Science, and 20 questions from Mathematics
Dates to remember
- Last date to remit examination fee through bank challan: September 21, 2017
- Last date for registration of applications online: September 22, 2017
- Last date to submit printed application form at the office of the District Educational Officer: September 23, 2017