Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme is an initiavtive of Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. Scholarships are being offered to students who are planning to pursue postgraduate studies at prestigious institutions for Fall 2014.
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation, under its Scholarship Programme, awards interest-free loan scholarships to Indian students with a consistently good academic record. The scholarship amount (up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakh) is decided as per the assessment of the Foundation.
The scholarships are awarded to students who wish to pursue their postgraduate studies in the fields of Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Law, Architecture and Management at prestigious Indian and international universities.
- Indian nationals residing in India.
- Students below 30 years of age as on 31st January, 2014
- Graduates of a recognised university (students in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting their results are also eligible to apply).
- Students having sought admission for a postgraduate degree programme at any prestigious university for the fall intake (Those who are awaiting a decision from a university are also eligible to apply. However, the award of the scholarship is subject to them securing admission)
- The mode of application is online.
- The candidate is required to complete the registration online. Upon registration, the login credentials will be sent to the registered email ID. Once the registration is complete, an application fee of Rs. 500/- is payable either online through Net Banking or offline by sending a Demand Draft issued in favour of the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation.
- On receiving the application fee, the candidate will be able to either fill the form online or download a PDF copy for submission offline.
- Completed application forms should be submitted on or before the deadline.
- Only candidates shortlisted for the next round of the selection process are contacted by the Foundation.
- They are required to produce duly certified supporting documents.
- The next round of the selection process is the interview round, for which candidates are required to go to the Foundation's office.
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th standard and all years of the undergraduate programme and degree certificates.
- Score cards of any qualifying examination taken (like GRE, GMAT, CAT, GATE etc).
- Copy of the admission letter(s) from the university, if obtained.
- Reference letters (in a sealed envelope).
- Statement of the course fee and any other financial document (this would include any other letter indicating the receipt of a scholarship, other source of funding, fee waiver etc).
- Attested copy of the passport.
- One passport size photograph.
- Latest Income Tax returns of parents.
Selection procedure for the scholarship:
- All applications will be screened for shortlisting. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed between the months of April-May.
- It is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates to attend a personal interview in Mumbai in the month of June.
For further details and to apply, click here