Madhya Pradesh Government is all set to reopen schools for class 10 and 12 on December 18. The decision of schools reopening was taken after meeting with the School Education Department and the Higher Education Department. The government has decided to reopen schools in MP keeping in mind the upcoming board exams. However, the decision to resume the schools will be taken by principals at the local level based on teaching staff and students. It Department has also released the guidelines to schools for reopening. Check the latest updates about MP schools reopen.
Earlier, Minister of State for School Education Inder Singh Parmar has come out with guidelines to reopen schools after conducting a review meeting on Tuesday.
स्कूल शिक्षा विभाग, लोक शिक्षण संचालनालय ने शिक्षण सत्र 2020-21 में शासकीय हाई स्कूल / हायर सेकेण्डरी विद्यालयों में नियमित कक्षाएं प्रारंभ और संचालित करने के निर्देश जारी किए।— School Education Department, MP (@schooledump) December 17, 2020
18 दिसंबर को होगी पैरेंट टीचर्स मीट।#JansamparkMP pic.twitter.com/SPTAKN3DPO
Schools administrations should follow all the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Education Department. It includes proper sanitization, wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing.
- The attendance of students will depend on the consent of parents.
- The Department has made it clear that attendance of students is not mandatory.
- Students who wish to continue their study through online mode will be allowed.
- The attendance for teaching and non-teaching staff will have to be 100 per cent.
- Activities banned in schools are prayers, group activities, sports, swimming etc.
- Transport facility will be allowed after perfect sanitization.
In a review meeting, Inder Singh Parmar has confirmed that Classes for 1 to 8 will be reopened in April 2021. Students of Class 5 to Class 8 will be promoted to the next grade based on their performances in the project work.