Government of India is offering an internship to interested and eligible candidates to intern at the Ministry of External Affairs.
According to the official website, the internship programme provides an excellent opportunity for budding scholars to familiarize themselves with the process of formulation of foreign policy and its implementation by the Government of India.
- A briefing session with Administration Division on the structure and functioning of the Ministry
- Visit to Foreign Service Institute
- Session with External Publicity and Public Diplomacy Division
- Session with Investment & Technology Promotion and Energy Security Division
- Session with Consular, Visa and Passport Division
- Session with Central Passport Organization
- Session with Protocol Division
- Visit to ICCR
- Visit to MEA Library
The candidates must be
- Indian citizens, OCI card holders or foreign nationals
- Candidates for on-site internship should possess a Graduate degree or equivalent before the commencement of internship
- Students who have completed three years in a five years course
- For off-site internships, those enrolled in an Undergraduate course in any stream are also eligible to apply
Any time of the year
How to apply for Ministry of External Affairs internship?
Applications can be sent to the office of Joint Secretary (Administration) by registered/speed post, at the following address:
Ministry of External Affairs
Room No.149 A, South Block
New Delhli - 110011.
Documents to be attached in post
- Filled in Application Form
- Copy of at least three documentary proofs of identity which should include copy of passport and Aadhar card in case of Indian nationals and passport, OCI card and National Identity Card in case of OCI card holders.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Introduction letter from the Head of Institution on the official stationery where the applicant studied/studying.
- No objection certificate from University/Institution in case the internship is to be pursued in parallel with an ongoing course.
- Self-attested certificates and transcripts for all the accomplishments mentioned in Paras 8, 9 and 13 of Application Form (educational qualifications, current courses being pursued and projects)
All applications will be scrutinized in the Ministry by a Selection Committee and intimation will be sent to selected candidates. The Selection Committee may conduct a personal interaction with the applicant and also verify original documents. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding and no queries shall be entertained after the completion of the selection process.
Applicants are advised to apply at least one month before the intended date of start of the internship.