List of countries which let you work while studying abroad

By Anusha

Countries where you can work while studying


While you are away from the comforts of home, studying abroad and trying to manage things, a little financial aid can support you. You can aid yourself financially by opting for part time jobs. Working part time while studying abroad is a good decision as you will be able to take care of the little expenses without being dependent on anyone.

Here is the list of countries which allow you to work part time while studying:

* United States of America: You will be given F-1 visa and rights to take up on-campus jobs for a maximum of 20 hours/week during study period and up to 40 hours/week during vacations. However, working off-campus will not be allowed with F-1 visa until a permit for the same is got from Immigration Services of the United States.

* United Kingdom: You can work while studying only if you have received a Tier 4 Visa. Work permit will depend on the institution and type of course. Work permit will be given only if you have opted for a programme which is taught in a government aided institution. A maximum of 10 to 20 hours/week will be allowed. During vacations students can work up to 40 hours/week.

* Australia: The student visa to Australia will permit you to work for up to 40 hours every 2 weeks during study period. During vacations you can work full time. The minimum wages will be decided by the government.

* Canada: You can work both on-campus and off-campus. There is no limit on the how much time should be spent in working while working on-campus. However, for off-campus jobs, a maximum of 20 20 hours/week during study period and up to 40 hours/week during vacations is allowed.

* Germany: You can work for 120 days/ year in a full time work. 240 days in a part-time work. 6-10 Euros is an estimated wage you can earn although the minimum payment per hour is not established Germany. Federal Employment Agency of the state where you have enrolled to study will have to permit you if you wish to work for extra hours.

* Spain: You need to obtain work permit from local authorities. You will be allowed to work up to 20 hours/week. The duration ODF work cannot be extended more than the student visa period. You will be allowed to work full time for up to 3 months time during the period of vacations.

* France: You must possess a residence card to work both on-campus and off-campus. You can work up to 964 hours during one year. This is equivalent to 60% of the 35 hours/week which is usually worked for in France. Full-time working will be permitted during vacations and part-time during study period. 940 Euros per hour is the minimum wage in France.

You can read more education related news here

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

    Select a Field of Study
    Select a Course
    Select UPSC Exam
    Select IBPS Exam
    Select Entrance Exam

    Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
    Have you subscribed?

    For great career opportunity, get instant updates on Education, Career & Job

    Notification Settings X
    Time Settings
    Clear Notification X
    Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
    Settings X
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more