The date of examination of the Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test has been postponed. The Karnataka TET exam will be held on January 8, 2017. According to the official notification on the Karnataka TET website, the examination has been postponed from December 18, 2016 to January 8, 2017.
The application process for the examination concluded on November 9, 2016, while the applicants were allowed to pay fee till November 15, 2016.
This year the application for KARTET 2016 has been completely made online
Karnataka TET examination pattern
- All the questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type
- Each question carries one mark
- There will be no negative
- Examination will be held for a duration of 2 hours 30 minutes
- The examination will have 2 papers, Paper I and Paper II
- Paper I will be candidates who intends to teach for Classes I to V
- Paper II will be candidates who intends to teach for Classes VI to VIII
- Candidates will be tested for their proficiency in the following topics:
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Language I
- Language II
- Social studies/Environmental studies/social science
- There will be a total of 150 questions from the above sections. Questions will vary depending the subject a candidate chooses to teach in future.
- The medium of question paper shall be both in English and Kannada. Except for languages