The Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) will be held on 18 December 2016. The date is confirmed after the Government of Karnataka released the notification last week.
The duration for submission of applications is from 14 October 2016 to 09 November 2016. So candidates who have not started applying still have time.
The admit cards will be available for download on 28 November 2016. As mentioned above, the exams will take place on 18 December and the results of the same will be declared in the month of February 2017.
How to apply for Teacher Eligibility Test (TET)?
- Firstly, the candidates have to register on the official website
- Click on the given link - http://schooleducation.kar.nic.in/
- Then click on Online Application for Karnataka Teachers Eligibility Test - 2016
- Click on REGISTRATION/LOGIN to register
- Then click on Registration
- Enter all the required details
- Click SUBMIT to complete your registration
- Candidates who have registered successfully can login with their login credentials to submit online applications for Teacher Eligibility Test (TET)
Candidates can pay fees for the exams by clicking on 'Generate Challan'. Payment of fees can be carried out through the account of State Bank of Mysore. The last date to pay fees is 11 November 2016.
About Teacher Eligibility Test or TET
Teacher Eligibility Test or TET is an entrance examination for teachers in India. The test is mandatory to obtain a teaching job in government schools from Classes 1 to 8.
Those who write and get through Paper 1 will be eligible to teach Class 1 to Class 5. Those who write and pass Paper 2 will be considered eligible to teach Class 6 to Class 8.
Both Central government and State governments conduct this test. Most of the states conduct their own Teacher Eligibility Tests. Conducting this test is very crucial for achieving the goals set in Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act.
Read the complete details of TET exam here.