Government of Karnataka has issued a notification to conduct competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in Government First Grade Colleges in the State of Karnataka.
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bengaluru would be the conducting body for competitive examination.
Accordingly applications are invited from the eligible candidates as per the provisions laid down in "Karnataka Education Department Services (Collegiate Education Department) (Recruitment) (Special) Rules, 2014".
Recruitment would be conducted for the posts of Assistant Professor in the following subjects:
Kannada, English, Hindi, Urdu, History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Geography, Psychology, Commerce, Journalism & Mass Communication, Management, Tourism Administration, Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Zoology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Home Science and Social Work.
No of posts: 1,298
The candidates must have attained the age of 22 years and but not have attained the age of
- 45 years for ST/ST/CAT-I and other backward classes candidates.
- 43 years for CAT-II(A), II(B), III(A) and III(B) candidates.
- 40 years for other candidates.
- Candidates must have passed a master's degree in the relevant subject with 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) of marks from any of the recognised universities.
- Applicant should have been declared successful in the National Eligibility Test (NET) or State Level Eligibility Test (SLET).
- Applicants possessing Ph.D degree through course work and evaluation process in the concerned / relevant discipline are exempted from appearing for NET and SLET.
How to apply:
Candidates have to apply online though KEA website.
- Last date for fill the application form is February 28, 2015.
- Last date ro pay the fee in the computerised post office on March 02, 2015.
- For SC/ST/CAT-I/PWD candidates: Rs 2,000/-.
- For general candidates and others: Rs 2,500/-.
Place of the Examination:
The examination would be conducted in Bengaluru, Mysore, Dharwad, Gulbarga and Shimoga.
The competitive examination is likely to be conducted in the months of April or May 2015. The examination time table would be announced later.
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru - 560012.
Helpline no: 080-23460460.