Karnataka Central University Entrance Examinations

Karnataka Central University Entrance Examinations


Gulbarga, Karnataka, June 6: Central University of Karnataka, Kadaganchi, Gulbarga is conducting an all India basis entrance examination in 29 centres all over India including 14 in Karnataka. There has been an unprecedent response to the admission notification given by the University and the response from Karnataka in general and from Hyderabad Karnataka Region in particular has been overwhelming.

Applications were sought from the eligible students from the country for a total intake of 750 seats which includes 280 Dual Degree seats, 420 PG seats and 58 PhD seats. The University received a total of 6448 applications with an overall competition ratio: 1:8:5. Of the total 6440 applications 46% of applications were received from Gulbarga alone.

The total percentage of application received from Karnataka is 81.3% while from the rest of the country 18.7%. The huge response shown by the students of Karnataka may be attributed to the zeal, spirit and enthusiasm with which the Vice-Chancellor of the University toured the state with the authorities of the University to tell the stake holders especially the young students about the distinct quality of the kind of education being imparted to students, the innovative and globally relevant programs and the facilities extended to the students community. The effect of the VC's tour of the state is clearly seen in the huge response shown by the students for all programs offered by the University.

Central University of Karnataka is the first institute of higher education in the state which opened the doors of the University to the plus 2 students. The well-designed programs like Dual Degree and PhD program attracted students more from outside Karnataka than for PG programs.

About 3000 students will write their entrance exam in Gulbarga alone. To facilitate the students to write the exam the University created 3 centres - Appa Institute of Engineering & Technologies, S.B. College Campus, Vidya Nagar, Gulbarga, P.D.A. College of Engineering Aiwan-E-Shahi Area, Gulbarga - 585 102, and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Arts and Commerce College, Darga Road Gulbarga. Students have started downloading hall tickets from the University website from 3 June 2014 and they can continue to download the hall tickets. The students are advised to visit the University website - www.cuk.ac.in for more details. The students can contact the following help lines for more details about all aspects of entrance examinations.

Helpline Numbers:
: 098456 34309
: 096114 89979
: 099721 91661
: 08472 - 226706
: 08472 - 226705

Stay tuned with Careerindia on: Entrance Exams, Admissions, News, Value Read, Online Courses, Educarewiz

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

    Select a Field of Study
    Select a Course
    Select UPSC Exam
    Select IBPS Exam
    Select Entrance Exam

    Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
    Have you subscribed?

    For great career opportunity, get instant updates on Education, Career & Job

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more