Kalpana Chawla National Scholar (KCNS) 2017, has released an official notification for the students of Class 5-9 of CBSE, ICSE & State Board affiliated schools in India. Interested and eligible candidates should apply on or before December 9, 2017.
Eligibility criteria for KCNS exam:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The KCNS exam is applicable to the students of Class V - IX of CBSE, ICSE & State Board affiliated schools in India.
- Candidates must be enrolled for the current academic year.
How to apply for KCNS?
- Log in to the link to apply online.
- Sign up as a new user.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Finally, submit the form.
KCNS award details:
The total categories of prizes are 4. Each prize category has 21 winners. The total number of winners are 84 students across all the prize categories.
- 1st Prize: Top 21 students will get to go to NASA camp.
- 2nd Prize: The Cash prize of INR 1,00,000 will be awarded to 21 students.
- 3rd Prize: The Cash prize of INR 50,000 will be awarded to 21 students.
- Consolation Prize (4th): Cash prize of INR 21,000 will be awarded to 21 students.
KCNS Selection process:
The KCNS exam will be conducted in two stages.
- The first stage will be the Online Scholarship Exam. The class-wise merit list will name the qualifiers.
- In the second stage, the qualifiers will have to go through the Rapid Fire round through Skype or Video call. (Applicable only to the qualifiers.)
Important dates for KCNS exam:
|Online Enrollment Start Date||11 August 2017|
|Preparatory Sessions||On 9 Sundays between 11 August to 5 December 2017.|
|Online Enrollment End Date||December 9, 2017|
|KCNS Exam Date||December 10, 2017|
|Rapid Fire Round Date||December 15, 2017 & December 16, 2017|
|Personnel interviews, Visa documentation formalities||December 18, 2017|
|Declaration of winners||December 27, 2017|
|NASA Camp Dates||3rd - 4th week of January 2018|
For more information about the scholarship, click here