University of Madras invited applications for the posts of Librarian, Deputy Librarian and Assistant Librarian at the University Libraries located at various campuses. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 05 October 2015.
University of Madras, Chennai Vacancy Details
1. Librarian - 01 Post
2. Deputy Librarian - 02 Posts
3. Assistant Librarian - 08 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for Librarian Jobs
- Librarian & Deputy Librarian: Master's Degree in appropriate discipline of Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation.
- Assistant Librarian: Master's Degree in Library Sc./ Information Sc/ Documentation or an equivalent Professional Degree and qualify the National Level Test.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with other necessary documents to The Registrar, University of Madras's on or before 05 October 2015.
Application Fees for Librarian, Deputy Librarian and Assistant Librarian Jobs
- Gen/ OBC: Rs. 500/- in the form of Demand Draft.
- SC/ ST/ Differently Abled Person: Rs. 250/-.
Last Date to Apply: 05 October 2015.
About University of Madras:
The University of Madras (Tamil: சென்னைப் பல்கலைக்கழகம்; informally known as Madras University) is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest and premier universities in India. The university was incorporated by an act of the Legislative Council of India.
It is a collegiate research university and has six campuses in the city viz., Chepauk, Marina, Guindy, Taramani, Maduravoyal and Chetpet. At present, there are 73 academic departments grouped under 18 schools, covering diverse areas such as sciences, social sciences, humanities, management and medicine along with 109 affiliated colleges and 52 approved research institutions.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council has conferred 'five star' accreditation to the university and it has been given the status of 'University with Potential for Excellence' by the University Grants Commission.